WHY NOT LITTER? ......... BECAUSE LITTER LASTS!
- Cigarette Butts 1-5 years
- Orange & Banana Peels up to 2 years
- Plastic Bags 10-20 years
- Aluminum Cans & Tabs 100 years
- Glass Bottles 1,000,000 years
- Plastic Bottles Indefinitely
As users of the Shawnee Forest trail system, each of us is tasked with respecting the resources of the forest. We have fought long and hard to stay as legal users, so it is important that each of us takes responsibility for our actions. We ask to remember these things.
- Stay on designated trails.
- Do not take shortcuts, especially at switchbacks.
- Use highlines when taking a break or cross tie to prevent tree damage.
- Do NOT Litter: Pack it in - Pack it out.
- Respect private property and stay off any area that is posted "No Trespassing".